As many of you have heard, Ken Griffey Jr, a future Hall of Famer, will choose the the Braves over the Mariners. I am pretty excited about this in many ways.
1. He and Chipper and my favorite players playing the game.
2. He has some power and can still hit decent.
3. He’s cheap.
4. He can help us go back to the playoffs.
5. He might retire as a Brave.
6. He will give us enough time to fully develop Josh Anderson and/or Jordan Schafer.
7. Matt Diaz will get a good amount of at-bats.
The 13 time all star, Former MVP, over 10 time Gold Glover, will most likely play Left Field with Matt Diaz while letting Anderson or Schafer play center. I was hoping Abreu would be a Brave, but I am not too disappointed. He also have plenty of options if Griffey goes down from an injury.
Expect this deal to get finalized today or tomorrow. The deal should be around 2-3 million over 1 or 2 years.
This deal should also get done in the next 35 hours. It will be around a 1-3 million dollar deal.
It seems like he will take the 5th spot in the rotation, meaning we have that done with. The only other deal I could possibly see is Ohman coming here for around 3 million, but it is unlikely. I do like the way our team looks and I think we are ready to take on the Mets and Phillies.